• 1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 28 large white mushrooms, stemmed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and
pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil,
to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the
baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each
4. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through
and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Serve.