PENNE W. PUMPKIN & BACON
• 5/8 lb. pumpkin
• 2oz. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• Parsley to taste
• Rosemary to taste
• 1 clove of garlic
• LaSquisita balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 Onion
• 1 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1lb box of penne
1. Peel and remove the seeds from the pumpkin.
2. Cut into cubes of about 0.5 inch each side. Place the rest of the pumpkin, the onion, and a little salt in a pan and cover with water until it boils.
3. When the vegetable is cooked, whip until you obtain a cream.
4. First cut the smoked bacon into pieces of about 0.2 inch in length and then cut in Julienne style. Mince the rosemary, garlic and parsley.
5.Put a pan on medium heat, add a drop of oil and fry the smoked bacon. Remove the smoked bacon from the pan, add the pumpkin and cook, adding salt and pepper to taste.
6.Add garlic, rosemary and the bacon to the pumpkin and after 2 minutes of cooking, add the pumpkin cream. In plenty of salted boiling water cook the pasta, drain and add with the previously prepared sauce.
6.Add the Parmesan grated, plate the pasta and drizzle with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena before serving.