Game Day Pork & Sauerkraut
• 4 lbs pork loin roast
• ½ tsp. caraway seed
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 small baking apple, peeled, cored and diced very small (can use about 1/3 cup applesauce instead)
• 2 lbs sauerkraut, undrained
• ¼ cup packed brown sugar
• 4 tbsp. butter, melted
• Salt, if needed, to taste
1. Place pork loin in crock pot. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and black pepper.
2. Place diced apple (or applesauce) on top of pork. Pour sauerkraut and juice on top. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the sauerkraut. Drizzle the top with melted butter.
3. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until pork reaches internal temp of at least 160 degrees F. Stir the sauerkraut around a bit before serving